Thursday, November 8, 2012

Whoohoo Blog of the Year!





I love blogging and love reading all the comments and feedback, and in addition I am lucky in that several readers write to me and tell me how much they enjoy the blog.
The icing on the cake is when I receive an award from other bloggers and so I am really pleased to be able to tell you that Alyson, writer of the Algarve blog has awarded me along with a few other blogs the award of Blog of the Year 2012.You can see her blog here.
However, it is not enough simply to make my thank you speech, it appears I have to work for the award by posting the rules and by handing out my own Blog of the Year Awards, and being somewhat technically challenged it has taken me a while to get my head around it. Anyway I have summoned the Awards committee which consists of me, myself and I and here we go.


The ‘rules’ for the award are simple:

1 Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award

2 Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award.

The blogs I have chosen are (drum roll)

Amor y Sabor:  A blog by Eliza about inter cultural relationships, the Dominican Republic and her fight to be able to live in the same country with her Indian husband.
Blog in France LLama Lady and her adventures on a farm in France. Always makes me smile and very informative
Dominican Cooking Fabulous recipes from Aunt Clara with interesting stories behind the recipes from Aunt Ilana. If I have to cook Dominican food for my family this is the blog to look at.
Expatlogue by Aisha. One day I will be able to write like her - well probably never! The posts never fail to move me,
Girl in the DR One girl trying to make a difference to the poor in the DR
JoParfitt. Great blog on life and writing which makes me stop and think.
Piglet in Portugal. Piglet's vegetable garden is wonderful, although appears to attract a lot of pests. Really interesting blog about growing things and Portugal.
Sami colourful world All about Australia, especially Perth. Always interesting and great photos.
Travels with Vera A friend of mine travelling through the USA with her partner and her cat. Beautifully written and has taught me so much about the US


3 Please include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award – /  and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)

4 Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them

5 You can now also join our Facebook page – click the link here ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/BlogoftheYear/ and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience

6 As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars…


With one very shiny star!
Because unlike other awards which you can only add to your blog once – this award is different!
You begin with the ‘1 star’ award – and every time you are given the award by another blog – you can add another star!
There are a total of 6 stars to collect.


Which means that you can check out your favourite blogs – and even if they have already been given the award by someone else – you can still bestow it on them again and help them to reach the maximum 6 stars!


You can find out more about the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award by clicking here:



And that just leaves me time to congratulate everyone that has been given the award – and to encourage you all to join in – you don’t even have to wait to be nominated to give the award to others.
And to Thank you again for your wonderful blogs and friendship.

11 comments:

  1. *Gasps* Lindsay, what a beautiful thing to say! Thank you for thinking of Expatlogue. Whatever you may think, "What about your saucepans" is a fabulously written blog, full of the colour and courage of a life less ordinary and guaranteed to make me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Aisha and thanks for kind words about "saucepans" - glad I make you laugh!

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to exploring the blogs you've listed too. There are some I haven't had the pleasure of visiting yet...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's made my day, week, month - year! Lots of stressy stuff going on at the mo so brilliant to have a ray of sunshine come in! Thank you so much Lindsay! I will go through the rules carefully and get my techy hubby to help me with the tricky stuff. I'll make my own awards very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry having a stressy time Steph and glad to be able to help. Wise move to involve techy husband! Well deserved award anyway as I always really enjoy reading your blog.

      Delete
  4. You should thank Chivirico. His adventures and growth have grabbed my interest and I hope you keep us posted on the life and times of Chivirico!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I will. You can also join his Facebook page where I post every couple of days about him - Chivirico the Bodyguard.

      Delete
  5. Thanks Lindsay, your have awarded me my third blog of the year star, but I have yet to post about my awards! Soon I hope...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done, Lindsay. Well deserved. It's certainly one of the best blogs I read regularly. You probably get a lot of extra hits from me, because I check in just about every day in case you have a new one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gordon. If you fill in the box on the right somewhere on this page to get the blog by email it will save you checking every day. I can see when you have visited with the feedjit thingy as you are my only Cayman Isles reader. I yell hello Gordon when I see you!

      Delete